Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Cautiously Dipping my Toes in the Exchange Sync Waters again

So a couple of weeks back the I.T. department flipped the kill switch and remote wiped my Pre (detailed ad nauseum here). Again, I can't bitch too much since the Pre and webOS are clearly not on our supported list for Exchange Mobile Sync.
I submitted a help desk ticket to (a)see if they could explain why I got remote wiped and (b) if they could reset my profile. They reset my profile but offered no explanation for why I got remote wiped in the first place. The resolution included some info that clearly showed my profile had been hooked up to a WinMo and a Palm device. But beyond that...who knows. Did somebody trip across this and decide to mete out some I.T. justice? Am I setting off alarms and error logs when I connect?
After going a couple days I decided to give it a shot again. Its been good for about 6 days but I didn't get wiped until about 2 weeks last time. Hmmmmmmm...

No comments: